CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 18, 2011

Life Lately

I'm not even going to make excuses for my lack of blogging over the past month, but I will fill you in on the latest happenings around our house.  At the end of March, my mom and Landry and I went to see Toy Story 3 on Ice.  Let me just say that Disney knows how to put on a production.  My parents had bought front row seats right on the ice, so we had an amazing view.  It is always so fun to see your children experience something for the first time.  Landry's eyes got huge when Mickey Mouse waved at him.  He loved all the Toy Story characters.  It was definitely one of those priceless experiences and I can't wait to take Brynley to Disney's Princesses on Ice some day. 


At 14 months, Brynley has officially became a walker!  I can't believe that my baby is big enough to be walking already...even though Landry walked at 10 months.  She is still pretty cautious and a bit wobbly, but she is definitely to the point that she would much rather be down walking than carried.  Don't be alarmed by the lack of bow in this picture...she has piggy tails with bows in the back that you can't see!  (Thanks Angie for the adorable outfit).


This past weekend, our church had a family camp at a nearby retreat center.  We stayed in a hotel-like setting and spent the weekend bonding with other families from our church.  The kids had fun with a treasure hunt, bounce houses, horse-back riding, and laser tag...ok so maybe us adults enjoyed this a bit more.  I managed to get the glorified "Clumsy Award" for the belly flop I so eloquently did during one intense round of laser tag.  They also had a zip line for the kids.  Landry decided that he wanted to brave the zip line.  He made it all the way up the big ladder and just couldn't quite understand having to raise both feet in the air to get off the platform.  Nonetheless, he received the "Brave Little Toaster Award" for being the youngest to attempt the zip line.  He looked cute in the little harness and helmet.  (Sorry for the dark picture).


I will leave you with a few random pictures of the kids from the past month.  We have enjoyed the beautiful weather lately.  Landry has became quite the story teller and Brynley is starting to pick up on several words and animal sounds.  Going forward, I plan to update my blog at least monthly with different things going on in our lives.  If writer's block doesn't set in, I will try to update a little more often.  I hope you guys are having a great Monday!


1 comment:

  1. So cute!!! Love the outfit. I can't believe how fast they are growing up! I still haven't picked up your Easter tshirt. It is on my to-do list! :S

    ReplyDelete