CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Landry is 2!!!

I'm not sure where the time has gone, but somehow my little boy turned 2 yesterday!  It seems like just yesterday that he was born.


And it couldn't have really been a year since his 1st birthday...


Having children has really made me realize just how fast time does fly by.  One of my favorite books, by my favorite author, Karen Kingsbury, is "Let Me Hold You Longer."  It talks about all the firsts and lasts that pass by with children.  If you have children and haven't read it, I highly recommend it with a box of tissues.


Well enough reminiscing about the 2 years that have passed with Landry, Saturday we celebrated his birthday with family.  Since he seems to be obsessed with balls yet again this year, we went with a football theme.  And since he has a lot of football things, I spent next to nothing on decorations.  I absolutely loved his cake...and no I was not the talented decorator.  We used his football toy box as a cooler for the pop and a few things from his room to decorate the cake table. 

*Just to add a money saving note to this post, I found the sports table cloth, napkins, and plates on clearance for $.37 each at Dollar General.  So if you are planning a party or just want to stock up for future use, I would recommend checking your local store.  They had a wide variety on clearance at our store. 


There was definitely a Toy Story theme to most of the gifts because Landry's new obsession is anything Toy Story since we took him to see Toy Story 3 in the theaters.  It was his first movie theater experience and he came out of there with a major love for the movie and all the characters. 

I pray that God will bless Landry over the next year and that he will give us patience and wisdom.  "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn away from it." -Proverbs 22:6

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Wish I could have been there! I love the family picture. Aloha from Hawaii. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! Found your blog through Angie's through Facebook! And guess what...you've already found mine! Can't wait to read about your precious little family!

    ReplyDelete