CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ironing Out Those Wrinkles

As a full-time stay at home mom and wife, there aren't many complaints that I have about the job.  I love being able to see my kids grow up and reach certain milestones in their little lives.  I love the feeling of accomplishment when you finally manage to get the whole house clean while tending to two children.  I love being able to have supper ready when Brandon gets home from a long day of work.  However, there is one chore that haunts me every single week...

Ironing...it is by far my least favorite chore!  I'm not sure what it is about ironing that makes me cringe, but it's one of those things I always have to talk myself into doing.  It seems like the onset of fall/winter makes me dread it even more because that brings on the long sleeve button up shirts!  I know that I bring on a lot of the ironing myself because I don't like to dry any shirts for us or the kids...I feel like they keep their color a lot better...but this also brings on the wrinkles.  And, I swear they make men's/boy's clothes with material that wrinkles the worst.  My good friend Angie kept a well-stocked supply of Downy Wrinkle Releaser around when we were in college because she hated ironing too.
I have found that this works on my clothes, but it takes a steam roller to get the wrinkles out of the boy's clothes.  So, thanks to Angie I have a few less clothes to iron.  I know many of you are probably thinking I should just take the clothes to the dry cleaner.  Being the frugal person that I am, I would rather complain my way through the ironing process than fork out the money to get them dry cleaned.  Now before you go judging my complaint about ironing...tell me that the sound of a creaky ironing board doesn't give you nightmares too!  In all my years of ironing, I have never opened up an ironing board at my house, another person's house or at a hotel that doesn't have that ear splitting screech when you open it?  Why is this?

In the amount of time I took complaining about ironing on here, I could have had this week's ironing done!  I just thought I would share with you my least favorite chore...what are some of yours? 

I will try to post some updates and pictures of the kids later this week.  Have a great Tuesday everyone.

7 comments:

  1. I just got a new iron, and I love it! I was going to post about it soon. :) I got this super cute ironing board cover at TJMaxx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But of course I still LOVE wrinkle release; however, I have realized that a good iron makes a HUGE difference. I hate the ironing board noise, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I'm so with you...thankfully with a little toss in the dryer for a few minutes most of my clothes don't need much ironing! Nick's in charge of his own ironing...he's way to picky on how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pile of ironing waiting for me as I type! I did get on an ironing kick when we bought a full sized ironing board after trying to use a small table top one for the first year of our marriage... that made the chore even worse :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one who hates to iron. Angie, I can't believe you have given up on the Wrinkle Releaser:) Lauren, you have an idea going there. Laura, I used one of those table top ironing boards in college...not much ironing got done because those are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pad on my ironing board got sucked into my vaccum last summer (weird), so I have sadly not done any ironing since... I use my straightening iron a lot (probably not safe), or throw it in the dryer. I told Chris we are going to register for a steamer, my aunt as one and it just seems amazing. Also, Chris only buys wrinkle free shirts, God bless him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol...Arnold I wish my ironing board would break and I didn't have to iron. A lot of Brandon's pants are wrinkle free...they are my favorite! You will have to let me know how that steamer works out for you.

    ReplyDelete