CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Potty Time

Does anyone else out there ever have a time when you feel like you have nothing blog worthy to share?  I have been in this boat the past couple of days.  Last week seemed to pass by in a blur, but I have had a little bit of time on my hands as of late to update my blog...and this is it...I can't come up with anything!  I do have some pictures and recipes I will share with you later this week when I get back around the house for awhile.  Until then...I will leave you with a mommy question.
Does anyone have any potty training tips for me?  I will take any suggestions or willing bodies to come and do this job for me.  It is the one thing that has always haunted me as a mom and now I feel like it is inevitable that I conquer it.  Landry is just a little over two years old and he is really beginning to like the idea of going on the potty.  I tried  to conquer this milestone a month before he turned two with the "Potty Training in a Day"...this turned into a three day nightmare in which I realized that he just wasn't ready.  Everyone always says "you'll know when he is ready"...for some reason I'm certain that it's not going to be something that happens overnight and I know that I am ready!  I am psyching myself up to start with potty training again next week.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I found this picture of the potty seat that we have...just imagine Landry's face in place of this random child's as I gear up for next week!  Prayers would be appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of people putting Cheerios or something similar in the toilet for boys to help their aim... the little guys at daycare though typically sit down first, it's just a little easier :) rewards are good for going, but not too overboard, I read in a Dr. Leman book that said going over the top with potty celebrations can create problems as kids realize it's one thing that they can control while they're still young, and even use against you - probably doesn't happen too often, but an interesting thought... he might like big boy underwear if he helped pick it out too!

    ReplyDelete