CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Out with the Old in with the New & Pumpkin Head Fun

Well this weekend marked my first ever garage sale at my own house.  Up to this point I would have to say it has been a success.  I think I like having garage sales just as much as I like going to them.  I have always been intrigued by consumer choices and I find it entertaining to see what everyone just can't live without.  Yesterday I sold my vacuum and low and behold...
The UPS man delivered my new Shark Navigator vacuum yesterday afternoon.  After good reviews from my best friend Angie, I decided to try it out for myself.  I ordered mine on Amazon for $139 (after using a few $5 Swagbucks gift cards) and got free 2-day shipping.  I absolutely love Internet shopping for everything except clothes...for some reason I still like to see before I buy.  I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I am excited to try it out.
                                                                                                                                                

Landry has been so proud of his two pumpkins that he painted at a friend's birthday party.  He has carried these around outside and hauled them in his tractor and wagon countless times.

I decided that he might have fun decorating a big pumpkin at the house.  Aldi had their large pumpkins on sale for $1.99, so he picked one out and we brought it home to decorate.  He kept telling me that he wanted it to have a face, but I knew that he wasn't old enough to enjoy carving one.  We searched around the house and found the perfect inexpensive pumpkin project for him...I introduce you to "Mr. Potato Pumpkin" as Landry calls him.



I may not be the most creative person in the world, but I thought this was a pretty clever idea.  I've seen the face kits that you can buy to stick in pumpkins and that gave me idea to use the Mr. Potato Head pieces.  I used a skewer to poke the holes and Landry stuck the pieces in.  He was determined to get the hat on there, so we used toothpicks to keep it in place.  It was so much fun to watch his excitement.  Next year I am thinking we will have to incorporate our Mrs. Potato Head and buy an extra pumpkin for Brynley.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the vacuum! I am jealous that you got a purple one. :)

    OKAY... that is the CUTEST pumpkin idea ever! The pictures are adorable! I miss you guys. We better see eachother REAL soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete