CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 20, 2010

Grape Salad & Crazy Love

I thought I would share with you a delicious grape salad recipe...it's a little on the sweet and rich side, so beware.  I think it's a perfect cool summertime dessert and if you choose you can make it with fat free ingredients and Splenda to make it a less guilty pleasure!  If you search grape salad on the Internet you will find about 20 different variations of this recipe, so I have combined a few to come up with my favorite.



Grape Salad
6- 8 cups seedless red or green grapes (or combination)
8 oz sour cream
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz Cool Whip
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup brown sugar

Mix together sour cream, cream cheese, Cool Whip, vanilla, and sugar in a bowl.  Layer grapes in a serving bowl, then the sour cream mixture.  Keep alternating layers and end up with a sour cream layer on top.  Top the dish with the brown sugar and pecans mixed together.  Best if chilled overnight.

*My alteration of this recipe is that I mix the brown sugar in with the sour cream mixture and omit the pecans, but if you like pecans it's good the other way too. *

I also wanted to share with you the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan. 



If you haven't read it, I would highly recommend it.  Our small group is going through it right now and I am only 2 chapters into it and have gotten so much out of it.  For those of you unfamiliar with it, it's not about love in marriage like I thought the title implied.  It's about God's crazy, relentless, and all-powerful love.  It has reinforced for me how amazing God's love for us really is.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment