CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 2, 2010

Happenings at our House

First of all, I cannot believe that it is already August.  However, with this miserable heat wave I am ready for it to be December!  The kids and I have been staying inside for the most part since Brynley is still not quite old enough to enjoy the water for long.  I did take the kids to the park last week.  Landry loves going down the slides and climbing everything.  Brynley had her first "diaper swing" experience.  She is such a little peanut!
Brandon and I managed to have a date day for the first time since Brynley was born.  It was so nice to have a whole afternoon and evening of quiet and adult conversation.  We spent our time shopping at the outlet malls and riding the roller coasters at Silver Dollar City.  I forgot how much I enjoy shopping when it is just Brandon and I.  He is a really great shopper!  I did learn a few things after going to Silver Dollar City...you do get WET on Fire in the Hole (I swear they have added more water to that ride)...Thunderation is not as much fun as I remember it being when I was younger (it about beats you to death)...but overall it is still a great place!

In other news...I have officially became a MOM!  The newest addition to our family is...

                                
We finally decided that the two door vehicle was not family friendly and the most economical decision was to get a mini van.  For some reason, this move did not phase me one bit.  As we pulled it into the garage last night and pushed the button to open the back sliding doors, I just smiled at Brandon.  No more squeezing to get the carseat out while trying not to bang the door against the other car!  I have a feeling that this is just one of the few things of many that I will love about it.  I'm sure as the kids get older I will want to move on to a suv, but for now I am ok with being a mini van mom!

1 comment:

  1. when my mom comes to help with little Moriah she's driving down a mini-van we've bought from her! it is so funny to be a mom and feel like it in a van, haha - my college car (the lovely Cavalier) recently bit the dust so we were commuting together in Matt's 2 door Escort - I don't think it would've be the easiest with a new little one :)

    ReplyDelete