I know many of you will not be able to take advantage of this triple coupon event at SummerFresh, however, I'm sure you have a grocery store near you that has an event such as this every once in awhile. This is only the second time I have taken advantage of this wonderful event and I'm glad I did. Our store generally doubles coupons up to and including $.50, but this week they are tripling those coupons. This made for some really good deals that I just had to share with you. Sure it's not like those stories you hear on the Today Show how their total came to $117.49 before coupons and they only paid $.73 after coupons, but for a small town grocery store I think I did fairly well. Below is a picture of what I bought. Before coupons, my total came to $45.72. And after....
Only $14.17!!! Here is how I did it (Remember all of my coupons $.50 and below were tripled):
Mt. Olive Pickles $1.99 - $.50 coupon = $.49
Skippy Peanut Butter $2.66 - $.50 coupon = $.49
8 Cans of Campbell's soups $.99 each - 4 $.50/2 coupon = $2.00 ($.25 each)
2 Texas Toast Croutons $1.89 each - 2 $.50 coupon = $.78 ($.39 each)
Wacky Mac Pasta $1.69 - $.50 coupon = $.19
2 Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaners $2.00 each - $.50 coupon = $1.00 ($.50 each)
Lysol Kitchen Cleaner $2.00 - $.50 coupon = $.50
Era Detergent $2.98 -$1.00 coupon = $1.98
Finish Dish washing Detergent $3.49 - $.50 coupon = $1.99
4 Totino's pizzas $.99 each - 2 $.50/2 coupon = $1.00 ($.25 each)
Colgate Toothbrush $1.65 - $.40 coupon = $.45
Crest Toothpaste $1.50 - $.50 coupon = FREE
Grapes on sale for $.99/lb = $2.78
The only thing I bought without a coupon was the grapes, but they were still a great price. I didn't buy anything that I won't use, so if you have that mindset that coupons are only for things that you would never buy...it's not true! The awesome thing is that even if you don't subscribe to the newspaper, you can still benefit from coupons through A Full Cup. Every week when the grocery ad comes out, I look through my coupons and search on this website for more. A little time stretches the dollar a long ways. And, if you are like me you will become addicted to the savings! Happy couponing everyone.
New Blog Coming...
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment