CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Travel Sized Treasures

This week I am in organizing mode at our house.  Closets, dressers, toy boxes...you name it, they are being gone through and items are being discarded left and right.  I'm thinking a garage sale is going to be in my near future.  As I was organizing our bathroom closet, I realized the surplus of travel sized items we have.

This is one of the perks of couponing.  If a coupon doesn't specify a size or exclude travel sizes, you can use it on the travel size items to get them free or sometimes even make a little money.  I counted up 11 bottles of contact solution...each one will last about a month.  I haven't seen a printable coupon for these in awhile, but at the time I was able to make about $1.00 on each one of these. (I'll let you know if that deal ever comes up again.) 

You will also notice about 20 tubes of travel toothpaste.  This has become a running joke around our house because I refuse to buy regular tubes of toothpaste until I can get a coupon deal and get them free.  A couple of months ago we were out of large tubes and I made Brandon use a travel sized tube until I found a good deal.  A week later I was able to score 4 large tubes of toothpaste free!  You know you have become addicted to couponing when it irritates you to pay $1.00 for a tube of toothpaste when you know the next week you will probably be able to get it free. 

One travel sized item that I failed to get a picture of is Tide laundry detergent.  There are almost always $1 coupons for Tide in the newspaper and most of these do not state a size restriction.  You can find the travel-size Tide packages along with all the other travel sized items in the toiletry aisle.  Sure it's just one load, but these would be very handy to take on vacation or just use at home.  I have accumulated about 20 packages...that's 20 loads of laundry free! 

You are better off to use your coupons for the regular sized items, but if you don't need the regular sized you might as well use the coupons for the travel sized items.  There's no need to let them go to waste!  Besides, they are perfect for the travel-sized item restrictions when you carry on your luggage.  You never knew coupons could be so versatile huh?

I will leave you with a picture of my little drummer boy and my little jumparoo!  Have a great week everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous! I haven't been so great with my couponing. :( I want to do better. Miss you lots! Can't wait to get together SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete