CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 3, 2011

7 Christmases and a Happy New Year

Wow...these past two weeks have been a complete blur.  Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn (Four Christmases) have nothing on us.  We managed to go to 7 Christmas gatherings over a 3 day period.  It is so nice to live close to all of our family and celebrate the Christmas season together, but it sure is tiring.  It took me 2 days to put everything away that we brought home!  I could blame that on all the toys the kids got, but it was in large part due to all the great deals that I found on gift sets (ie Gillete, Axe, Venus, Old Spice, Olay).  I failed to get a picture of all my loot, but let's just say that Brandon is set on razors, deodorant, and body wash for a loooooooong time and I managed to get almost all of it for $.22 a set or FREE! 
Landry really got into the Santa Clause thing this year after checking out a few books at the library with Santa Clause in them.  He loved visiting Santa at Bass Pro and the mall.  He told Santa he wanted a tractor with a big bucket and Santa told him he wanted cookies and milk.  Neither one disappointed!  Landry was set on placing the cookies on the fireplace, since that is where Santa comes from.  He really got into opening and handing out gifts.  Brynley was most interested in playing with the bows and getting into whatever Landry was playing with.  She is starting to pay Landry back!  We moved her to her "big girl" car seat and she has her very own DVD player to watch in the van now...she thinks she is big stuff! 
Setting out the cookies and milk ON the fireplace.

More John Deere toys!

Landry carefully stacking his presents at my parent's house.

He added several new musical instruments (keyboard, guitar, recorder, microphone, music box...in addition to the wonderful drums).  He will only play the harmonica with these sunglasses on!

Brynley was in charge of taste testing Santa's cookies.

She was a slow unwrapper.
Riding her new horse
The only family picture we managed to get at Brandon's parents house.

Loving on her baby.


Even amidst all the hustle and bustle, I am always reminded of the blessing of family and the true meaning of giving.  I am so thankful for the gift of Jesus and I pray that the new year will be full of blessings.  Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment