This post is going to be full of random happenings around our house the past week. With all the couponing and great deals I have been finding, I have failed to update you on the most important things in my life...my family!
Our church is taking part in the Operation Christmas Child this year and we decided to do a shoe box for a 2-4 year old girl and boy. Landry thought it was the greatest thing ever picking out all of these toys and candy at Target...which I of course happened to be there on a day they had their "Dollar Spot" items 50% off so I loaded up the shoe boxes with great buys! We brought everything home and I explained to Landry that we were giving these toys and candy to a little boy and girl who didn't have toys. His 2-year-old dramatic response was, "Oh no." I can't wait until the kids get older and they really understand the meaning behind these gifts. We plan on making this a family tradition.
_____________________________________________________________________________
Being the energetic boy that he is, Landry has had his share of bumps and bruises. He received his first black eye just last week and it is still lingering. He fell off the back of the couch shortly after we had gotten on to him for "riding" it like a horse. I think he learnt his lesson with the fall! Since then, he has been overly dramatic if he hurts himself and immediately requests and ice pack. Earlier this week he came to me telling me he needed an ice pack. I gave him one and found this...
He informed me that Elmo had fell and "bopped" his head. Elmo was the one who needed the ice pack! Do you think I have a future Dr. on my hands?
______________________________________________________________________________
I try not to use this blog to brag on my family, but Brandon did something last week that was definitely worth bragging about. He came home Saturday from a church retreat with a dozen roses for me and a single rose for Brynley (her first ever). This is just one of the many things I love about my husband. We have never been much into getting each other gifts for birthday's or holidays, but he will randomly surprise me with something like this. To me, it means so much more!
Brandon, I know you will read this later and wonder why in the world I am sharing this here. I just want everyone to know how God has blessed me with an amazing husband!!!
___________________________________________________________________________
I hope everyone is having a great week. I am already gearing up for Christmas, as you can probably tell by my new blog layout. I put all of my Christmas decorations and trees up this week, my cards are ready to be mailed and I plan on wrapping a few gifts this afternoon. I love Christmas!!!
New Blog Coming...
10 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment