CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Triple Triumphs and Thanksgiving Traditions

I think this will be my last post about triple coupons for awhile.  Pamida wrapped up the Triple Coupon Event on Monday, and I was able to score some more great deals.  I failed to get a picture of all my stuff this time because I had already put half of it away before I thought to take a picture.  So just imagine another counter full of amazing deals...3 Arm and Hammer detergent, 4 3-packs Scotch Brite sponges, 12 Campbells Cream of Chicken/Mushroom soup, 1 Fisher peanuts, 2 Halls cough drops, 1 Ludens cough drops, 2 Pantene conditioners, 2 Smucker's grape jelly, 1 Theraflu cold medicine, 1 Sucret's throat lozenges, 4 Oreos, 2 3-packs Trident Layers gum...all for $10.27.  I know this doesn't seem as tangible since I don't have pictures...just know that 2 bottles of the Arm and Hammer detergent would have cost me this much!  These purchases were all from Monday.  I got another cart load of stuff on Sunday, but failed to keep the receipt or take a picture...I think all this triple coupon craziness is going to my head!
     ___________________________________________________________________________

Does anyone have any great Thanksgiving traditions?  As the kids get older, I hope to adopt some great traditions to mark each holiday by.  I remember watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade as a child and getting together with family.  The thing I remember most about Thanksgiving and the one that I have carried on throughout the years is studying the ads and making a list for the Black Friday craziness!!! 

My family used to spend the night in a hotel Thanksgiving night so we could be that much closer to all the deals.  Now Brandon and I just spend all night shopping...no need for a hotel.  Last year we started the Midnight Madness outlet mall shopping and I am hooked.  I think I am just addicted to the thrill of shopping all night!  We were able to get some great deals last year on the kid's clothes and some for ourselves as well.  I am usually able to finish up my Christmas shopping on Black Friday and don't have to brave the shopping the closer it gets to Christmas...I think the crowds get far worse and way too grouchy!  For the most part, Black Friday shoppers are in the friendly shopping mood.  I have no electronics on my list this year, so I don't plan on fighting for anything.  Good luck to those of you joining in on the Black Friday fun!

I am thankful that God has blessed me with so many things including an amazing/healthy family, great friends, and an awesome church just to name a few.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment