CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Brought to You by the Letter P

I decided to sum up my week with this title because it has been highlighted by three things that all start with P.  And, I am in the letter themed mood after taking the kids to see Sesame Street Live this week...which they both loved.
PAMIDA...I am gearing up for yet another great coupon event.  This coming Sunday and Monday our local Pamida is having TRIPLE coupon days, up to and including $1.00 coupons!  Not double, but TRIPLE.  For those of you who don't know, Pamida is a very small town version of Walmart.  And by very small, I mean about 1/16 the size and double the prices.  However, when you take into consideration TRIPLE coupons there are still some great deals.  I set out on Wednesday to "scout" it out and start organizing my coupons.  This leads me to my second "P"...


PUKE...It was one of those proud moments as a mom in which I was almost congratulating myself as I was strolling through Pamida.  I had brought a snack and paper and pen for Landry to keep him entertained in the cart and Brynley pretty much entertains herself.  Everything was going smoothly until...clean up in aisle 3!  Landry threw up anything and everything he might have ate over the past week all over himself, the cart and the floor.  I stood there in shock until a lady came by and asked if I needed help.  I sent her for some paper towels and proceeded to clean up the disaster.  So much for "scouting."  I headed home with a sick child in tow.  Needless to say, I cleaned up several messes and did several loads of laundry over the course of 24 hours.  I'm just hoping it's all over and that the rest of us don't get it.
POTTY...Last week I talked about potty training Landry and asked for any reader tips.  Low and behold, Landry woke up last Friday morning and said "no more diaper."  So, I broke out the big boy underwear and set the "pee pee timer" every 30 minutes.  We made it through the day with only one accident and a very proud mommy!  He has done great ever since and is even starting to tell me when he needs to go.  He's only worn a diaper during nap time and bed time.  I have even ventured out of the house several times.  I think I have to thank Toys R Us for sending out their toy book a couple of weeks ago, because Landry found a drum set in there that he wanted.  We told him that if he started going potty on the big boy potty we would get him the drums.  I think it all clicked in his mind...trade the diaper for drums...deal!  I'm thinking a trip to Toys R Us is in store for us this month.
Well to wrap up my story of "P's," I am a very PROUD mommy.  Landry amazes me every day with the things he learns and says.  Brynley is starting to get up on all fours and rock back and forth....I know it is only a matter of time until she will be all over the place.  I am thankful for healthy kids and a loving husband. 

In honor of Veteran's Day, thank you so much to all the troops out there who fight to ensure our freedom.  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment